Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some people may think it's rather pointless to do a last month review half a month late, but I much prefer to do it a little late than not do it at all :) So here it is, random things I enjoyed on the month of June:
Algunas personas podrían decir que no tiene mucho sentido hacer una reseña del mes pasado cuando ya estamos a mediados del mes actual, pero yo digo mejor ahora que nunca ;) Estas son mis cosas favoritas del mes de Junio:

I want to star with my favorite food of the month: Pizza!!
Mi comida favorita del mes: ¡Pizza!
 
 I've always loved pizza, but from mid-June to about a week ago I've had a lot of pizza and my favorite ones are the ones pictured here from "Il trovatore" (if you want to follow me on instagram my name is melocotonki :)
Siempre me ha encantado la pizza, pero a partir de mediados de junio, hasta hace como una semana he comido mucha mucha pizza. Mis favoritas son las de la foto de arriba del restaurante "Il trovatore" (si quieres seguirme en instagram me llamo  melocotonki :)

Next are my favorite movies, I wanted to choose a new and an old movie like I did last month, but I have a terrible memory can't remember a new movie I loved so I chose to old ones:
Ahora mis peliculas favoritas, el mes pasado puse una nueva y una vieja, y quería hacer eso esta vez pero tengo muy mala memoria y no me puedo acordar de ninguna película nueva que me haya encantado así que:
Melancholia
Year/año: 2011
Director: Lars von Trier
Written by/Escrita por: Lars von Trier
I saw this movie for the first time when I was in NYC but the theater messed the projection and totally ruined the ending. I had the chance to watch it again in a theater here in Mexico almost twice (the second time the projection was awful! We walked out of the movie). Anyways I love this film, I don't recommend it for people who only like light films or blockbusters, it is slow paced, but the plot is amazing, the photography is superb, the performances are great and I love it all.
La primera vez que vi esta película fue en Nueva York, me gustó mucho pero arruinaron la proyección en el último momento y nos arruinaron el final. Hace poco la pude ver aquí en Cuernavaca pero en el cine Morelos que todo se ve terrible (de hecho fui dos veces y la segunda me tuve que salir porque todo estaba fuera de foco y el las escenas del principio no se apreciaba nada):  En fin, me encanta esra película, no la recomiendo para gente que sólo acostumbre ver películas ligeras y casuales, es lenta, pero la trama es buenísima, la fotografía es maravillosa, me encantá la actuación y me fascina todo.
 
  Catch me if you can
(atrapame si puedes)
Year/año: 2002
Director: Steven Spielberg
Written by/Escrita por: Jeff Nathanson, Frank Abagnale Jr.

I saw this when it first  came out but I didn't remember much. I like most of Spielberg films (except A.I. which I hate), and this one was not an exception, I enjoyed it very much, it's so much fun. And it's based on a true story, I didn't know that.
Vi por primera vez esta película cuando salió en el cine, pero no me acordaba de casi nada. Me gustan la mayoría de las películas de Spielberg (menos I.A., esa la odio), y esta no fue la excepción, me gustó y la disfruté mucho. Y esta basada en una historia real. No sabía eso.

Favorite Illustration:
Ilustración favorita:
I found this via Grace Coddington's facebook page. Isn't it awesome?
Encontré esta foto a través de la página de facebook 
de Grace Coddington ¿No es lo máximo?

Favorite photograph: 
Foto Favorita:
Charles Corbet's images are so inspiring
Las imagenes de Charles Corbet me inspiran

Favorite music 
Música Favorita

I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd this month, and I listened to the self-titled Audioslave album for the first time. It was strange because I've heard the songs on their own many times but I love it as an album so much more.
And also I've been listening to this song a lot, I keep singing it when I shower :p

Este mes he escuchado mucho Pink Floyed, y también escuché el cd "Audioslave" por primera vez. Es raro porque ya había oído las canciones por separado muchas veces, pero me gusta mucho más el disco completo.
También he escuchado mucho esta canción, se me pega y la canto cuando me baño :p

Let Me Die in the Morning by Holy Oak on Grooveshark 

I actually don't have a favorite blog this month (which is strange!) because I've been watching a lot of youtube channels and lost track of time. 

 This month I also chose this haircut for my cute boyfriend (here pictured in a gas station with the retro charrito from the gas days of yore), and he re-taught me how to drive, this past week I've been driving alone everyday without crashing or killing anyone, just had to turned it on a couple of times when I was on a traffic light uphill ;)
I hope you've enjoyed this, have a great rest of the month!

Este mes también escogí este corte de pelo para mi lindo novio (aquí en una foto con el charrito pemex de antaño), y él me ha estado re-enseñando a manejar. Esta última semana he manejado sola todos los días sin chocar ni matar a nadie, sólo se me ha apagado un par de veces en un semaforo en una subida ;)
Espero que les haya gustado mi post, ¡que tengan lindo mes!

-S

2 comments:

  1. Linda selección de cosas, las películas no las he visto, ojalá y tenga la oportunidad de conseguirlas...

    Cuídate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jaja ¡el poniiii! te faltó que tú amigo (mejor amigo :D) cumplió añoooos ja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com