Friday, September 28, 2012


Street Style Blogs

Carmila and I have been talking about changing our styles. She made a comment that gave me an idea, "If I had a lot of money I would have a completely different style" she said. So I suggested we should do it, plan our styles or at least think how we would like to dress if we could, and maybe little by little we could achieve it, by buying a thing at a time and pairing it with what we do like from our closets.
Carmila y yo hemos estado hablando acerca de cambiar nuestro "estilo". Ella comentó algo que me dejo pensando, me dijo "Si tuviera mucho dinero me vestiría completamente diferente. Entonces se me ocurrió que podríamos planear como nos gustaría vestirnos y así poco a poco podríamos ir comprando las cosas que necesitaríamos para conseguirlo y podríamos incorporar las cosas que ya tenemos que sí nos gustan.

To reach this goal I suggested we started to look for inspiration, blogs, stores, everywhere. And I of course, began by looking at all the pictures I have from my favorite street style blogs. That's when she and a friend told me, that they don't follow any street style blogs. How can that be! Street style blogs inspire me, and they are a must read.
Para conseguir esta meta sugerí que empezáramos a buscar inspiración y ejemplos de lo que buscábamos. Revistas, tiendas, blogs, fotos de gente en la calle, mejor conocidos como "street style blogs" y fue cuando ella y un amigo me dijeron que no conocían ninguno. ¿¡Cómo puede ser!? ¡A mí me encantan! Son indispensables. 

You may already be an expert, especially since these blogs are extremely popular and have been featured everywhere, from magazines and papers to every style blog there is. But if by any chance you don't know them, here are the best of the best (in my humble opinion), of blogs that feature other people's style (strangers, models, fashion-celebrities, etc):
Puede ser que otros sean expertos o por lo menos ya conozcan estos 3 blogs que voy a recomendar porque son muy populares y conocidos, han sido mencionados en montones de revistas, blogs y periódicos. Pero si por alguna razón no los conoces voy a empezar por recomendarles los que me parecen lo mejor de lo mejor (en mi humilde opinión), de blogs en los que retratan gente en la calle, desconocidos, modelos, celebridades de la moda, etc:

Scott Schuman: The Sartorialist
He is super popular. I have his printed book (published by Penguin) which I LOVE, and I have filled with post-its and notes. He was the one that got me into street style blogs. His layout is simple and his pictures beautiful.
Scott Schuman: The Sartorialist
El es tal vez el más conocido. Tengo su libro impreso (editado por Penguin), y lo AMO, lo tengo lleno de post-its y ntas. Gracias a Scott Schuman empecé a seguir blogs de street style. El diseño de su blog es muy sencillo y sus fotografías son hermosas:






She's Scott Schuman's girlfriend and probably my favorite of the three. Her blog is lovely to read (she has a great sense of humor), her photographs are great, and she does wonderful illustrations, she also  has a youtube channel (I'm addicted!) with a show called 'Pardon my French'
Es la novia de Scott Schuman y es tal vez mi favorita de los tres. Su blog está en inglés y francés y es muy divertido de leer (porque tiene muy buen sentido del humor), sus fotos son muy lindas y me encantan sus ilustraciones. También tiene un canal de youtube (¡soy adicta!) donde hace un programa que se llama "Pardon my French"


that's her on the right :) she is super cute!
Ella es la de la derecha :) es super linda



Tommy Ton: Jak & Jil
I love Jak & Jill, Tommy doesn't write anything, he just posts picture after picture of great style inspiration, great moments and lots of shoes  
Tommy Ton: Jak & Jil
Me encanta Jak & Jil, Tommy no escribe nada en su blog, sólo publica foto tras foto de looks con estilo, inspiración y muchos zapatos 




A few more blogs that I'd like to share may be in an upcoming post, and they are mostly about blogger's style, or blogs that have great outfits of the day and inspire me very much. 
There are also a lot more great street style blogs of course, I'll be sharing a few more links on our facebook page through the weekend. 
If you didn't know them already I hope you like them! And if you did, I hope I reminded you of how good they are :) Have a great weekend!
Hay otros blogs que me gustaría compartir que se tratan más del estilo de la gente que los escribe y de los atuendos que escogen para publicar en su blog.
Y por supuesto, también hay más blogs de street style, voy a compartir los links a través del fin de semana en nuestra página de facebook.
Si no los conocías ojalá te hayan gustado y si los conocías espero haberte recordado que buenos son ¡Que tengan bonito fin de semana!

-S

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta mucho The Sartorialist y Jak & Jil. Hay fotos excelentes en ambos.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com