Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Do you know Marimekko? 
Until recently I didn't know what Marimekko was, I'd heard the name before I think.... but that was it.
But now I know it is a Finnish brand that was created around 1950 by Arni Ratia. Now a design company famous for their prints, fabrics and various objects. It started out small and grew expanding into different areas. It has had a rich history, I strongly recommend checking out their site, the "history" and "made in Finland" tabs have interesting details about the creation process and about the "Marimekko village" which is a one of a kind design utopia!

I wanted to share some images and the link to the website, because I found it very inspiring. They are obviously very defined by their work with color and pattern and I loved the catalogue and a lot of their pieces. I hope you like them :)

and the lookbook













 I love that dress!




¿Conocen Marimekko? Hasta hace poco no conocía nada de Marimekko, sólo había escuchado el nombre pero no sabía que era.
Es una marca finlandesa, que crearon alrededor de 1950, fundada por Arni Ratia. Ahora es una compañía de diseño famosa por sus estampados, sus telas y distintos objetos. Empezó como algo más pequeño pero poco a poco fue abarcando diferentes areas. Su historia es interesante y fácil de leer, si les gustan sus cosas y les interesa les recomiendo que se metan a la página y vean las secciones de "historia" y "made in Finland" en donde enseñan fotos y hablan de los detalles de sus diseños, el proceso y la "Marimekko village"que es una especie de utopía del diseño.


Quería compartir algunas imagenes y el link al sitio porque me pareció muy bonito y me inspiraron mucho algunas de sus imagenes. Obviamente lo más llamativo de su trabajo son los colores y los patrones. Me gustó mucho el catalogo y muchas de sus piezas. Ojalá les gusten :)

Para ver el catálogo y lookbook



Quiero esa latita para guardar mi té




They are currently doing a collaboration with converse and came out with this lovely video that explains things a lot better than me ;)
Converse está haciendo una colaboración con Marimekko y explica las cosas mejor que yo ;)

-S

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know this brand until now and I think I'm becoming a fan, thanks to you :B
    I also watch the video of Converse and Marimekko and it was really good, the way they make their textiles and the final results, waaaa, I think I'm in love. Thanks guuurrrllsss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com