Thursday, August 25, 2011

 The Anonymous Color Palette
Last Sunday when Carmila and I where choosing the photographs for our "When we were young & colorful"post, we came across some pictures we truly love and we decided to make a photography post about them (:
Cuando Carmila y yo estabamos escogiendo las fotos para nuestro post del pelo de colores (link en el parrafo anterior), encontramos muchas fotos que nos gustan muchisismo y decidimos hacer un post de fotografía acerca de ellas (:
 
Most of these pictures were taken a long time ago, I had just bought a cheap camera that made me the happiest girl in the world, and that was the beginning of my growing love for photography. I didn't know anything about how a camera worked (the photo above is the most recent one and the only one I took it after deciding I wanted to do photography seriously), but the interest was there. Carmila, her hair and our surroundings were more than enough to get me going.
La mayoría de estas fotos fueron tomadas hace mucho tiempo, acababa de comprarme una cámara barata que me hizo la niña más feliz del mundo, y ese fue el principio de mi creciente amor por la fotografía. No sabía nada de nada, ni siquiera como funcionaba una cámara (la foto de arriba es la más reciente y es la única que tome después de decidir que quería hacer fotografía en serio), pero el interés estaba ahi. Carmila, su pelo y nuestro entorno fueron más que suficiente para comenzar.
 Along with the first photo, Carmila and I snapped this picture spontaneously in the supermarket.
Ésta y la primera foto, las tomamos Carmila y yo de manera espontánea en el super
This past photo was taken by Vanessa, Carmila's sister and it has become one of my favorite pictures of all time, I love Petunia (my grandma's cat) smelling my foot :p
Esta última foto fue tomada por Vanessa, la hermana de Carmila y se ha vuelto una de mis imagenes favoritas de todos los tiempos, me encanta que Petunia (la gatita de mi abuela) me huela el pie :p

Most of these photos were taken spontaneously and when I look back it makes me smile, and remember that moment with outstanding precision!  I think that is missing a little from my current photographs and I will try to bring that spur-of-the-moment feeling back. 
One of the things I find in all of them is the extreme anonymity of the model. I know who she is, and you know who she is, but the photograph in itself is showing a girl moving through different scenarios with an exchangeable face, who is distracted and doesn't mind that you are watching. There is a reason why she is not facing you, but until you figure it out I want you to enjoy this view. 
La mayoría de estas fotos fueron tomadas espontaneamente y cuando las veo me hace sonreir y recordar el momento con sorpendente precisión! Pienso que ese sentimiento de espontaneidad no aparece en mis fotos actuales y quiero recuperarlo.
Una de las cosas que encuentro en todas ellas, es el extremo anonimato de la modelo. Yo se quien es, ustedes saben quien es, pero en la fotografía en si, se muestra una chica recorriendo diferentes escenarios, con un rostro intercambiable y que se encuentra distraida, pero no le importa que la estes observando. Hay una razón por la que no te está volteando a ver, pero hasta que lo descubras, quiero que disfrutes de esta vista.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. You've got a great eye for photography, they look like film stills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are gorgeous - there's no much atmosphere. And you guys have fantastic hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rainbow hair! How do you get the colors to stay? I recently tried blue streaks and they completely faded out after three washes :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I always get a little nervous when I show my photos, you guys are so sweet (:
    Carrie! thank you, Mila did have great colors didn't she? She bleached it out completely so the color really penetrated (it damages the hair horribly though), but even then the color doesn't stay more than a month, at least not as bright, but don't give up! Sometimes it stays on better if you go to a hair salon to get it done ;)
    -Sandra Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so vibrant and gorgeous! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful the girls and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmila's hair <3 me encanta la de los pimientos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com