Monday, January 16, 2012


Hi! We are back. And very exited to start blogging again. We have lots of new ideas for the blog, even though it would be slightly different, It will be less stressful and more fun for us.  That's what it's all about right? We hope we have at least a few readers left :p We are really happy to be back, and to start this new year we would like to share our resolutions. (better late than never)
Hola(: Ya estamos de regreso. Y muy emocionadas de escribir de nuevo en nuestro pequeño blog abandonado. Tenemos muchas ideas nuevas para el blog, y aunque va a ser un poco diferente, será mucho menos estresante y más divertido para nosotras. De se trata todo esto ¿ cierto?
Para empezar el año nos gustaría compartir nuestros propósitos (mejor tarde que nunca):p


Carmila

 1. To make my own clothes. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, and I think this is the time. This also means improving my sewing skills. I'm really exited about this one(:
Hacer mi propia ropa. En esta está incluida mejorar mi habilidad de costura. Este proyecto me emociona mucho(;
2. Make and create more stuff, for my shop and personal projects too. And open an etsy shop(:
Hacer y crear nuevas cosas, para mi tienda y tambien proyectos personales.
3. Learn to play the piano. This is something that would make me very happy.
Aprender a tocar el piano. Esto es algo que en verdad me haría muy felíz.
 4. Drawing a lot. Something I need to do.
Dibujar mucho. Algo que necesito hacer.
5. To read at least 15 books. (and to start my book collection)
Leer al menos 15 libros. ( y empezar mi colección de libros)

Sandra:
1. I want to start writing again. I used to write almost everyday when I was in high-school, short stories, or whatever I could think of. I want to do it again, and maybe finish some of my older stories!
Volver a escribir. En la prepa solía escribir casi diario, historias cortas o lo que se me ocurría. Quiero volverlo a hacer y tal vez terminar algunas de mis historias viejas!
A garden of one's own. Virginia Woolf's writing table at Monk’s House, Sussex, England, 1967. 
Photo by Gisele Freund. (Source)

2. The first half of the past year I took photographs weekly and on the second half I took less and less. I want to improve my photography, maybe do something with it and continue taking pictures all the time! That's the only way to get better.
La primera mitad del año pasado, tomaba fotos semanalmente y durante la segunda mitad tome cada vez menos. Quiero mejorar mi fotografía y tal vez hacer algo con ella, quiero seguir tomando fotos todo el tiempo! Esa es la única manera de mejorar.

3. Finish school, and everything I need to finish, go to work without panicking. And decide what to do next. This is definitely my hardest resolution. 
Terminar la escuela y todo lo que tengo que terminar, ir a trabajar sin entrar en pánico. Y decidir que quiero hacer después. Éste es sin duda mi proposito más difícil. 

4. Save money to travel to wonderful places. 
 Ahorrar dinero para viajar a algun lugar maravilloso.



5. This goes hand in hand with my third resolution, but I want to achieve something a little deeper if that makes any sense. I want to find something I love and do it. The thing is I like many things, I enjoy doing many things, I would even say I have a passion for some of them, but I have no discipline and by doing a little bit of everything I've managed to do nothing much at all. I want to change that.
Éste propósito tiene que ver con el tercero, pero quiero lograr algo un poco más profundo, no se si me explique. Lo que quiero es encontrar algo que me encante y hacerlo. Mi problema es que me gustan muchas cosas, disfruto hacerlas e incluso diría que me apasionan algunas, pero no tengo disciplina y haciendo un poquito de todo, he logrado no hacer nada en realidad. Quiero cambiar eso. 


this last illustration is from Studio Ghibli

If you have any resolutions of your own, we wish you luck, don't give up!
Resolutions are hard, that's why every year we end up breaking them, and why many people don't believe in them anymore, but you know what? Challenge accepted!
Si tienes propositos para éste año, te deseamos suerte, no te rindas!
Los propósitos son dificiles de cumplir, por eso todos los años acabamos rompiendolos, y por eso mucha gente ya no cree en ellos, pero saben que? Aceptamos el reto!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck ladies! You both have inspiring lists to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all are back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com