Monday, January 30, 2012

This are not new findings, I've found them throughout the years! 

Am I getting cheesy and sentimental because Valentine's just around the corner? Well not really, but to be honest some of the Valentine's posts I've read from my favorite blogs are quite endearing and my anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up (no, it's not on the 14th don't worry we're not that disgusting :p); so I thought this might be a good excuse to make a post about love...or love movies, actually.
 ¿Será que me estoy poniendo cursi y sentimental porque ya viene el día de San Valentín? Pues no realmente, pero para ser sincera algunos de los posts que he leído que tienen que ver con el día de San Valentín me han parecido muy lindos y ya va a ser mi aniversario con mi novio (no, no es el día 14 no se preocupen, no somos tan asquerosos :p); así que siento que tengo una buena excusa para hacer un post acerca del amor... o de películas de amor en realidad.

1. When Harry Met Sally
This movie, for me, is the precursor to romantic comedies as we know them today. I never get tired of it. It is funny and great.
Ésta película, para mí, es la precursora de todas las comedias románticas que hacen en la actualidad. Nunca me canso de verla. Es chistosa y perfecta.

2. Pride and Prejudice
This a book adaptation that I truly love. Even though I loved the book, I find the movie beautiful, visually as well as in the way it tells the story.
Ésta es una adaptación que realmente amo. A pesar de que me encantó el libro, la película me parece hermosa, tanto visualmente, como en la manera en que cuenta la historia.

3. Howl's Moving Castle
Hayao Miyazaki's movies hold a very special place in my heart and Howl's moving castle is one of my favorites, and a great love story. I had the opportunity of seeing it in a movie theater in my recent trip to New York and I enjoyed it so much, I cried and laughed as much as the first time I watched it.
Las películas de Hayao Miyazaki guardan un lugar muy especial en mi corazón, y el castillo vagabundo de Howl, es una de mis favoritas y es una gran historia de amor. Tuve la oportunidad de verla en el cine ahora que estuve en Nueva York y la disfruté muchísimo, lloré y me rei tanto como la primera vez que la vi. 

4. Garden State
My mom chose it in blockbuster for me to watch, one day that I was sick in bed, without knowing what it was, because she read it had good music. It does, and I loved it so much I bought it right away.
Mi mamá me la rentó, un día que yo estaba muy enferma, sin saber de que se trataba, porque había leído que tiene buena musica. La tiene y me gustó tanto que la compré inmediatamente.

5. Lust and Caution
I love Ang Lee movies (there are two in this post!), and Lust and Caution is among my favorites. I went to see it alone at the movie theater and all the way home I replayed the scenes in my head.
Amo las películas de Ang Lee (¡hay dos en tan solo éste post!), y Lujuria y traición es de mis favoritas. La fui a ver sola al cine y todo el camino de regreso recreé las escenas en mi cabeza.

6. The Painted Veil
This is the example I always give when I talk about different kinds of love. This movie is a joy to watch and it is a wonderful story.
Ésta película que siempre pongo de ejemplo cuando hablo de los diferentes tipos de amor. Es un deleite verla y la historia es maravillosa.

7. Brokeback Mountain
This is one of the movies that makes me cry the most. Some movies that broke my heart I only saw them once, but this one I like to see over and over. Every time it ends I think, that is true love.
Ésta es una de la películas que más me hace llorar. Algunas de las películas que me han roto el corazón nunca las he vuelto a ver, pero ésta la he visto una y otra ves. Siempre que termina pienso, eso es el verdadero amor.

8. Love Actually
I love all the stories. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry and everytime I watch it I love it even more (:
Me encantan todas las historias. Me hace reir y llorar, y cada vez que la veo me gusta más (:

9. The Notebook
This is probably one of the most popular love movies. I always remember when i was with two of my best friends (both men) and I wanted to watch "Enemy at the Gates" and they wouldn't let me because they wanted to watch "The Notebook" haha. But I think it is so popular for a reason, this love story is epic and it is wonderful to watch.
Ésta es probablemente, una de las películas de amor más populares. Siempre recuerdo una vez que estaba con dos de mis mejores amigos (hombres) y yo quería ver "Enemigo al acecho" y ellos no me dejaron porque querían ver "Diario de una pasión" jaja. Pero pienso que es muy popular porque lo merece, es una historia de amor épica y es maravilloso verla.

10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
This movie, in my opinion, shows what real love is. It is my all-time favorite movie.
Ésta película representa para mi lo que es el amor verdadero. Es mi película favorita de todos los tiempos.

I'm sorry for the huge post, and I'm sure most of these movies you've seen(And if you haven't seen a movie I mentioned I strongly recommend them!), and there are lots of movies I love that are very romantic, but this are the films I've seen over and over again and they never fail to move me, they are love movies that everybody knows, nevertheless they my special selection ;)
To end this post I'll leave you with a quote from Leo Tolstoy's Ana Karenina:
"I think if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts."
Perdón por el post gigantesco y seguramente han visto la mayoría de estas películas (y si no es así se las recomiendo muchísimo!), y hay muchas películas que me encantan que son muy románticas, pero éstas son las que he visto una y otra vez y siempre me conmueven, son películas de amor que todos conocen, pero aun así son mi selección especial ;)
 Y para terminar los dejo con una cita de Tolstoi de Ana Karenina:
"Creo que si es verdad que hay tantas mentes como cabezas, hay tantas clases de amor como corazones."

-S

2 comments:

  1. Oh my I've only seen #9 and #10 which is one of my all time faves. Gotta start watching more movies lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 1,2,3,4,8 and 10! Good selection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, we love reading them. Please tell us your thoughts and suggestions! You can also write us at ponycats@gmail.com

Gracias por tomarte el tiempo de dejarnos un comentario, a las dos nos encanta leerlos! Por favor dinos lo que piensas y si tienes sugerencias!
También puedes escribirnos a ponycats@gmail.com